The official date of the founding of the monastery is 1630, but there is an evidence that the first caves appeared here in the XI century. The icon of the Mother of God, which was taken by the monks from the burned by the Mongol-Tatars Kyiv, attests to the age of the monastery.
At the end of the last century, the monastery destroyed and looted during the Soviet era was transferred to the religious community of Ukrainian Orthodox Church and restored.
Today one can admire the Gateway Church of the Intercession, built in the style of the Ukrainian Baroque, visit the caves where the monks used to pray, and also taste the healing water from the holy spring and relax in the shadow of giant oaks, which are more than several hundred years old. Everyone can have physical and mental rest on the territory of the monastery.